The Tussey Mountain Amphitheater provides an outdoor music experience like no other in Central PA. The mountain is unique with its beautiful sunsets overlooking Happy Valley and undeniably amazing acoustics created by the mountainous terrain of the ski slopes. The gentle slope of the amphitheater makes for great sight lines and maximum visibility no matter where you are in the venue. Located in Boalsburg, PA, mere minutes away from downtown State College, the Amphitheater is easy to get to and is along the CATA bus B route. We are also environmentally conscious with an extensive recycling program and efforts to cut down on concert waste. All we ask is that you participate and put your recycling in the proper bins located throughout the venue.
*Outside food and beverage is not permitted inside the Amphitheater. No pets (unless otherwise stated).
The Amphitheater is a fan favorite, as the community has voted it Gold (2013, 2014, 2015) and Silver (2016, 2017, 2018) medals in the "Best Place to See Live Music" category in State College Magazine!
PAST SHOWS AND EVENTS
Through the years the Tussey Mountain Amphitheater has entertained Happy Valley with performances by Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, The Beach Boys, Widespread Panic, Gov't Mule, Def Leppard, Jefferson Starship, Rusted Root, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Third Eye Blind, Our Lady Peace with local artists Pure Cane Sugar, Velveeta, My Hero Zero and many more. Our entertainment calendar features the best of rock, blues, country, jazz, classical and funk.
If you are interested in renting the Amphitheater, contact: Sue Matalavage, General Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tussey Mountain stage is 40’ x 24’. Complete with two fully covered wings (12’ x 16’) and a loading dock at truck level. There is plenty of room back stage to accommodate any size vehicle. There are stairs on either side of the stage for easy access. The roof trussing in place can handle 1,000lbs.
The Tussey Mountain Amphitheater offers unique accommodations for artists. Our winter Snowsports School serves as the summer Greenroom for performers with amenities such as restrooms, comfy couches, food and drinks, all only steps from the stage. This space is great for pre-show practice sessions. For traveling performers, Aikens Cabins provides a comfortable place to hang out and spend the night, with a full kitchen, living room and two bedrooms in each cabin. Each cabin is equipped with DirecTV. The cabins are tucked in to the edge of Rothrock State Forest with beautiful wooded areas surrounding the cabins. The cabins are located across the street from the Amphitheater.
• State College Magazine: Voted Tussey Mountain “ Best Place to see Live Music.” November 2013
• The Daily Collegian: “Tussey Mountain Hosts Music Festival featuring Central Pa.- based Bands” Septmber 2013
• Centre Daily Times: “Crowds Up to the Challenge at Tussey Mountain Wingfest.” August 2013
• Centre Daily Times: “State College Brew Expo showcases Liquid Craft.” August 2013
• Centre Daily Times: “Rusted Root, Mysterytrain, Perkolators Draws Energetic Crowd.” June 2013
• Centre Daily Times: “Boombox Music Festival Rides Electronic Wave to Tussey Mountain.” April 2013
• Centre Daily Times: “Toad Mixes New Songs with Hits for Tussey Mountain Crowd.” July 2012
• The Daily Collegian: “Tussey Mountain hosts Summer Sun Festival” June 1998
• The Daily Collegian: “Bob Dylan to Perform at Tussey Mountain.” March 1997
Do you have a business that you would like to put in front of the eyes and in the minds of our audience? Click HERE for more information.